We may collect personal information from you when you visit the Sites, make a purchase, request email notifications, or otherwise communicate with us through the Sites. “Personal Information” is information that can be used to identify you. The Personal Information you provide us may include your name, email address, mailing address, bank account information, and credit card information. We may use your Personal Information as described below
We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use “cookies,” and obtain certain information when your web browser accesses our
site or interacts with advertising on behalf of our Sites.
To make our emails to you more useful and interesting, we may receive a confirmation if you open one of our communications if your device supports such capabilities.
Our Sites use third-party vendor re-marketing tracking cookies, including the Google Adwords tracking cookie. This means we will continue to show ads to you across the internet, specifically on the Google Content Network (GCN). As always, we respect your privacy and are not collecting any identifiable information through the use of Google's or any other third-party’s remarketing system. The third-party vendors, including Google - whose services we use - will place cookies on web browsers in order to serve ads based on past visits to our Sites. The Help feature on most browsers will allow you to create notifications when you receive a new cookie, or allow you to disable cookies entirely. Note, however, that if you disable cookies, some features of the Sites may not work as intended.
We use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the Sites, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.
DO NOT TRACK
Your browser may allow you to transmit a “do not track” signal to websites you visit. Like many websites, our Sites do not respond to such signals because there is currently no industry consensus on what “do not track” means.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- Manage your account;
- Process and communicate with you about your orders;
- Pay you for completed marketplace sales;
- Contact you when you encounter a problem or have a question;
- Send you information about our new products and special offers;
- Improve the Sites and our services;
- Prevent or address fraud, violations of law, or unauthorized use of the Sites or your account; and
- As otherwise reasonably necessary to protect our legitimate interests and those of other users of the Sites.
HOW WE MAY SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
- We may share your information to enable third party service providers to help us with our business activities, such as shipping your order, sending our emails, or offering you customer service. For example, we use an outside shipping company to ship orders and a credit card processing company to bill you for goods and services. These companies do not share or use personally identifiable information for any secondary purposes, nor do we share with them your personally-identifiable banking or credit card information.
- We may share your information to allow you to access services or items you’ve purchased that require registration on a third-party site. For example, educational sites may require codes or other electronic access to provide entry into the services you’ve purchased through our site. When you sign up for these services, we may share your name, or other contact information that is necessary for the third party to provide these services. These parties are not allowed to use Personal Information except for the purpose of providing these services. We share aggregated demographic information with our partners and advertisers.
- We work with educational institutions to provide student purchase information for the purpose of improving the selection and delivery of instructional materials.
- In some cases, we make special offers from third parties available to our customers. If you wish to take advantage of such an offer, we will transfer relevant Personal Information over to the third party. We will not, however, transfer any such information without your express prior consent. If you decide you no longer wish to receive services or communications from the third party, you will need to contact the third party directly.
- Although we make reasonable efforts to preserve your privacy, we may need to disclose Personal Information when we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with law, such as a current judicial proceeding, a court order, or a legal process served on our website.
- Unless you tell us not to, we may share your Personal Information with third parties to allow them to market their products and services to you. You may opt out of this sharing editing your account settings (link to opt-out page in account settings).
When ordering from a Site partnered with your institution, for instance as your official college bookstore, some of your order data will be shared with your institution’s administrative or teaching faculty as part of our reporting services, and to allow us to meet our contractual obligations regarding sales activity. Students purchasing with school-created payment instruments such as financial aid or vouchers may be identified by name in those reports. Students purchasing by private means—such as by credit or debit card—will have the option to restrict the inclusion of Personal Information within those reports during the checkout process.
The Sites contain links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites or for any services or content you access through such sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information.
If a you wish to subscribe to our newsletter, we will ask for contact information such as name and email address. Individuals who have chosen to receive email communications will occasionally receive information on products, services, special deals, and a newsletter. Please see below regarding your ability to opt out of such communications.
We take reasonable precautions to protect your information using both physical and electronic safeguards. When you place an order with us or log in to access your account, your information is secured using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). This means that all of the information you enter is encrypted before we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage, can guarantee that information will not be intercepted or viewed by third parties.
If you have any questions about security on the Sites, you can send an email.
Faculty and college administrators receive administrative emails from us to assist in the management of their online bookstore. The recipients are designated by our schools and recipients are not able to un-subscribe from administrative emails, which contain important information about the service.
CORRECTING/UPDATING PERSONAL INFORMATION:
If your personal information changes (such as your address), or if you no longer desire our service, you may make changes to your information or preferences by clicking the "Your Account" link on any page on the website and making the desired changes, or by visiting our Customer Service Center.
OPTING OUT OF COMMUNICATIONS FROM US
You may opt-out of receiving our newsletter or promotional materials from us at the time you provide your contact information to us. If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter or promotional materials, you may opt-out of receiving these communications by replying with "Unsubscribe" in the subject line of the email or by clicking the "Your Account" link on any page on the website and opting out of these communications.
We are a Commission Junction Merchant and, through this network, we have many affiliates. We also have an internal affiliate network. All information collected on users who have been referred to our site by a Commission Junction or internal affiliate is treated in the same manner as information collected on users who come directly to one of our Sites.
Marketplace AND Account REGISTRATION
It is not necessary to register in order to purchase products from the Sites. However, all users of the marketplace and customers who rent products must read and agree to the terms of our Membership Agreement in order to buy or sell items on our marketplace. You may also register your information without participating in the marketplace for more convenient ordering and to see your previous orders in once place. To register with us, you must complete the registration form online.
NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES
200 Connecticut Ave
Norwalk, CT 06854
All rights reserved.